{Collins} Repainting tube shields

Gentlemen:
I am restoring a 51S1.  Every tube in that radio has a shield!  13 of them are black and after cleaning look ratty.  I was thinking of repainting them (exterior only) with high temperature flat black spray paint like used to paint a barbecue grill.  The 6BF5 shield runs so hot (which is normal for that tube, I read the article in the archives so I know better than to substitute it) that the corrugated metal in the shield CRUMBLED!  I have a replacement fortunately.  I wanted the advice of the gurus before I do anything stupid.  The shields work fine, but look ugly.  Thanks for the advice and 73!
Ty Garland
KC4NWF
CCA member since 2000

Sent from my iPhone