Re: {Collins} Repainting tube shields

Ty,

I think you are the right track.  Never painted shields, but would probably use the high temp black if I did.

Buck
W0LC

On Saturday, November 4, 2017 Russell Garland via Collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gentlemen:
I am restoring a 51S1. Every tube in that radio has a shield! 13 of them are black and after cleaning look ratty. I was thinking of repainting them (exterior only) with high temperature flat black spray paint like used to paint a barbecue grill. The 6BF5 shield runs so hot (which is normal for that tube, I read the article in the archives so I know better than to substitute it) that the corrugated metal in the shield CRUMBLED! I have a replacement fortunately. I wanted the advice of the gurus before I do anything stupid. The shields work fine, but look ugly. Thanks for the advice and 73!
Ty Garland
KC4NWF
CCA member since 2000

Sent from my iPhone