Re: {Collins} 51S-1 PTO Issues

OK on the 100 Ω, R-62…..maybe someone couldn’t read the color codes (???)

I’m fairly sure when a replacement PTO is changed out at an official depot, the red inspector markings are re-applied.

A #131 51S-1, would probably have been shipped with either a two tube PTO, or one that was modified with a cover plate over the 2nd tube location.

Unless of course, the 131 S/N isn’t correct.

Does yours have 6U8’s or 6EA8’s in it?

The fact that the PTO has a round emblem guarantees that it has been changed.

No big deal though, as almost all of the 51S-1’s I have restored had round emblem PTO’s regardless of their S/N.

A radio with a two tube PTO is rather rare.

Not necessarily desirable, but rare.

And yes, T-501 is potted so leave it in place and add a replacement below the chassis inside the PTO enclosure.

Haven’t had a chance to find the specs on it, but I’ll keep digging.

73, Charlie k3ICH