From: Collins <collins-bounces+w1ksz=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of w4fid--- via Collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:51:36 PM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} Bird Dummy Load

Hi

Not specifically Collins but related -- so I hope this is OK.

I have a Bird Termaline Coaxial Resistor. Have had it for a while and don't recall when or where
I got it. Physically it is in decent shape -- no corrosion or dings in the fins or casting, N
connector looks to be OK. Model 82A. Serial # 3084. 51.5 ohms. 500 watts. Can anyone give me more
details. 500 watts for how long? Is there a higher rate for a short period? How old is it? How
can I tell if it's good or could damage my 30L-1? What's the higher end of its frequency
capabilities? Is it "special" like rare or old or particularly valuable -- or if "routine"
valuable what range $$ is that?

I tried to unscrew the concentric ring to remove the N connector. It unscrewed easily but did not
slide apart. Seems like it got to the end of the threads and the ring just spins doesn't unscrew
any further or come apart. When I retightened it the N connector post didn't seem to seat
although the concentric ring did tighten. Have I caused a problem?

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone can share.

73
John  W4FID