From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+pincon=erols.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of James Beitchman via Collins
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:33 AM
To: 'William Carns' <wcarns661@xxxxxxxxx>; COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Wanted KWS-1 T502 BAD XMFR

Bill,

As you well know, the electrical design and mechanical construction of that
transformer is a major weakness in the KWS-1. Failure is extremity common
and a like replacement may not have much life.   The HV rectifier filament
transformer in my KWS-1 was bad as well, and I worked with Gary, WZ1M at
Transformer Rewinding Service in Maine on a much improved electrical and
mechanical design for the same case. Gary built this at reasonable price and
it works well.  I have, however, heard conflicting information as to whether
Gary is still in business. If you do obtain a case and inquire of him, it
would be good to let all of us know whether or not he is still in business.
Perhaps some on this list already have that information.

73,

Buzz
W3EMD