Re: {Collins} Bird 82A

When I repaired my Bird 2500 watt load several years ago, I used Clearco
STO-50 silicone transformer oil, which was half the price that Bird was
asking.   However, the minimum order is 5 gallons.  My load only required 2
gallons, so I set aside a few ounces to keep on hand and sold the rest to
Larry W3LW who was also rebuilding a load.

The dielectric constant (permittivity) of STO-50 is 2.7, similar to the Dow
Corning oil that Bird resells.

Here's the spec sheet:
http://www.clearcoproducts.com/pdf/specialty/NP-STO-50-Silicone-Transformer-Oil.pdf

Mark