      From: scottjohnson1 <scottjohnson1@xxxxxxx>
 To: Glen Zook <gzook@xxxxxxxxx>; Richard Solomon <w1ksz@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Collins Reflector <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:20 PM
 Subject: Re: {Collins} Bird 82A

Glen I would respectfully disagree.  I think the most important attribute would be dielectric constant, which is all over the map with respect to various transformer oils.  I think thermal conductivity is secondary, especially with Bird loads, which are very conservatively rated.  I do an s11 sweep with my HP 8510C van when I add or change oil, and mineral oil gives the lowest reflectivity.  It also has a fairly low vapor pressure, so it doesn't expand the rubber bellows any appreciable amount.