{Collins} 75S-1 PS Hum

George,
     Didn't see my post so here it is again. I have had 6U8's cause this problem as well as others in my S-line receivers, KWM-2's, and 32S-1. 6U8's are famous for causing your exact problem due to filament-to-cathode shorts. Try replacing them one at a time. It could be more then one. The 6EA8 is a better substitute if you don't have any 6U8's however the 6EA8 does NOT work well as a replacement in S-Line transmitter tone oscillators.

73
Tony - W9JXN

Sent from my iPad