Re: {Collins} KWM-2 No Grid Drive

Randy

I take it that the receiver works fine since you do not say anything about
that not running well.
That means the XTAL OSC is running fine in receive and since the B+ for the
XTAL OSC is derived from the TR +275 line and does not change, let's assume
for now that the XTAL OSC is running well.  That grid level is a little low,
but explore that later.

I also take it that the rig switches back and forth between T & R so the VOX
is not stuck on.  The VOX plate being down at 15.2 and not up at 82 says
that you probably have the VOX  CONTROL UP A BIT - Check that and turn it
off for now.

The grid of the TRANSMIT MIXER V6 being at +5.3 volts as opposed to -0.5
worries me. What is the voltage in transmit mode (TUNE LOCK) on Pin 8 of
that same tube V6 (12AT7). Also give me a reading on Pin 6 of V6.

See if you can measure R31 with the rig turned off.  Before you do that,
tell me what the Pin 2 of V6 reading is in TUNE LOCK.

Do you have a scope?

Standing by for some data.

Bill Carns, N7OTQ (Trustee K0CXX)
Past President, Collins Collectors Association
Founding Board, Collins Radio Heritage Group
Editor, Signal Magazine (Retired)
Wimberley, TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)