Re: {Collins} FW: refreshing the white indices on knobs

On my mid to late 60s S Lines, the knobs look like Bakelite... never noticed any paint wearing off.

Don W4DNR

Quoting Dukes HiFi via Collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have seen the same thing on S Line knobs, but NEVER on their predecessors. I always wondered why Collins painted these when the Bakelite was a perfectly wonderful look that lasted forever!

At least with Bakelite, you can use pretty aggressive paint remover and not destroy the underlying Bakelite, a phenol/formaldehyde plastic filled with inert filler.

Bakelite also takes on a beautiful shine with not too much work.

Gary