From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+jsternmd=att.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dukes HiFi via Collins
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 9:50 AM
To: Bill Carns <wcarns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} FW: refreshing the white indices on knobs

I have seen the same thing on S  Line knobs, but NEVER on their
predecessors. I always wondered why Collins painted these when the Bakelite
was a perfectly wonderful look that lasted forever!

At least with Bakelite, you can use pretty aggressive paint remover and not
destroy the underlying Bakelite, a phenol/formaldehyde plastic filled with
inert filler.

Bakelite also takes on a beautiful shine with not too much work.

Gary