      From: Bill Carns via Collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 6:36 AM
 Subject: Re: {Collins} refreshing the white indices on knobs

From: Bill Carns [mailto:wcarns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 6:36 AM
To: 'Kurt Keller' <kkeller1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: {Collins} Fwd: Re: refreshing the white indices on knobs

Collins knobs were never painted and there is no problem that I know of.  I have been using Lacquer stick in my hobby for some 35 years and never seen a problem.  I also used it on aircraft knobs before that.  If someone has "beautified" their Collins by painting (Groan!) their knobs, then it would depend on what paint they use..  But, when I see painted knobs, I just remove the paint and buff out the knob.

Bill