Re: {Collins} 25kc cal

Not sure why anyone would modify a Collins receiver or for that manner any
receiver with a variation of a calibrator that is already installed.
However, that said, a calibration standard is a nice accessory for any comm
receiver. So, I built a general purpose 100 kHz, 25 kHz, 10 kHz... whatever
kHz tick marker you want. Derived from a 100 MHz VCTCXO and drives a low
power RF amp into a small ferrite rod  antenna. Broadcasts all over the
shack. Now all my receivers have a cal standard! Alan W4AMV