Re: {Collins} (no subject)

On 10/25/2017 10:23 PM, W2HX via Collins wrote:
"you bring up the resulting B+ until you see capacitor leakage"

Yes. This is the point where I power down the unit under test,
note the capacitor working values and form factor, assess cosmetic impact, then determine whether to replace or repack the original housing with a modern and reliable equivalent. I've had terrible luck "reforming" capacitors. Win the battle, but inevitably wind up losing the war.
Jim WA9Z