      From: Jim Warner via Collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: W2HX <w2hx@xxxxxxxx>; 'collins' <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:55 AM
 Subject: Re: {Collins} (no subject)

On 10/25/2017 10:23 PM, W2HX via Collins wrote:
"you bring up the resulting B+ until you see capacitor leakage"

Yes. This is the point where I power down the unit under test,
note the capacitor working values and form factor, assess cosmetic
impact, then determine whether to replace or repack the original housing
with a modern and reliable equivalent.
I've had terrible luck "reforming" capacitors. Win the battle, but
inevitably wind up losing the war.