From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glen Zook via Collins
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:09 PM
To: jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; W2HX <w2hx@xxxxxxxx>; 'collins' <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Collins} (no subject)

My experiences are that "reforming" a capacitor is only postponing the replacement and for how long, nobody knows.  Most "reformed" capacitors do not last all that long and when they do "give up the ghost" the result is not pretty.  Often, when the capacitor goes bad, it "takes out" a lot more components with it and the chances are that replacing those components is going to be a lot more added expense than replacing the capacitor in the first place.  Basically, pay me a little now or pay met a LOT more later!

Replacement electrolytic capacitors are not expensive when purchased from suppliers such as Mouser.

 Glen, K9STH