Re: {Collins} 651S-1 issue

Well, here is what I think is happening, and I really know nothing about that receiver, BUT, thinking in the binary world (since I was a computer programmer for most of my working years), it looks like the (4) bit is missing.

What I mean is the first three bits in a computer are (reading right to left) are 1 followed by 2 and then 4.

SO,

001 = 1

010 = 2

011 = 3

100 = 4 - but you are missing the 4, - you see a 0

101 = 5 - you see a 1

110 = 6 - you see a 2

111 = 7 - you see a 3

If you go higher, 1001 would = 9 and then it all will repeat but you are seeing a 1.

So, somewhere you are missing the (4) bit and maybe above that for a while.

Again, I am "just" a computer programmer with a HUGE knowledge of electronics and radio but most of my work was programming most of my life.

I certainly hope this helps you to begin your trouble analysis.

Walt Cheatham - K7CCA