Re: {Collins} A note to Collins museum- Tubbs fire consumed archives of Hewlett & Packard

Unlike some here who actually worked for Collins in the day, I got to do my turn at HP in the lat 80's and early 70's. It was one of the first jobs I considered to be "real." HP was a great company to work for and I learned a lot from them. I also found out why they had some of the best built electronics test equipment around. I had a lot of respect for the efforts Bill and Dave had put into the company. If I recall, one of them even visited during my tenure there but I forget which, I don't recall for certain if I got to see or meet them since I worked a swing shift.

I'm reminded how it's hard to change a culture unless you destroy the past. I can't help but think even in this tragic loss not intentionally destroyed, there will be so much lost of the history and culture that Bill and Dave worked so hard for.

Thank you for the note,
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com