From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+k6xyz=sbcglobal.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Berman via Collins
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 1:42 PM
To: Brian Roberts <k9vky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Ailing KWM-2

Brian,

No silver bullet.  You're going to have to take apart and clean all of the
ceramic trimmers underneath the slug rack.  I just got done doing this to
overhaul a 32S-3 that had been sitting for forty years.  After cleaning the
trimmers, then perform the RF alignment as specified in the Collins
Handbook.  Don't even think about alignment unless you have an RF VTVM like
an h-p 410B or 410C.

When these rigs sit, the trimmer caps oxidize over time and any attempt at
alignment will prove futile until trimmers are thoroughly cleaned.

Regards,
Steve, N6HK