From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+jsternmd=att.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gaylord Hart via Collins
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 1:28 AM
To: 'Steve' <k2fw@xxxxxxxx>; 'Peter Wittenberg Sr' <K2LRC@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Colllins 516F-2 Question

C1 and L1 comprise a resonant filter for the power supply.  Do not use a
disc ceramic here.  The orange drops or other film or metal film caps should
be used, and 1600 volts (or higher) is a good rating.  Since this is a
resonant filter, you should confirm that the cap you install is at or near
the resonant point.  If it is not, the B+ supply will be too high and can
possibly damage other components in the transmitter or transceiver connected
to the supply.  I've seen 516F-2's that resonated fine at .047 or .05 uFd,
but some that didn't.  Just make sure the B+ output is in an acceptable
range.

Gaylord
WB7ODD