From: Collins <collins-bounces+p.hall=curtin.edu.au@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Chris Mortlock via Collins
Sent: Monday, 12 August 2019 3:13 PM
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Collins} Two-tone test generator?

Hi Dale,

I've worked on both the earlier TM-220 and the later TM-230 (slightly larger screen but pretty much the same functionality) and both are fitted with two tone test generators. Indeed I happen to have TM-220 on the bench at the moment for repair!

Tone outputs are switchable (one low tone, one high tone - or vice versa or of course two tones) and both have output on the front (3.5mm for the
SM-220 and BNC for the SM-230) - other than that they are pretty much the same.

Obviously (!) these aren't able to be converted to a 'Collins' look alike - I think that's a great idea - one I will be looking at if I can find a reasonably priced one here in Europe.

You've 'jogged' my memory I recall seeing the idea (pre collins collection interest!) - still remains a good one :)

73s

Chris
M1ABK