 Subject: {Collins} 32S-3 power output?
 To: "<collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 8:55 AM

 I am trying to solve a few problems with a
 round 32S-3 I am restoring.  It has been in storage for
 12+ years so it needs a little TLC.
 One problem is drive/output
 power.  I don’t have a way to measure PEP, so I am
 just going on the steady state output in the LOCK KEY
 position through a power meter (calibrated) to a 50 ohm
 load.
 I did a detailed alignment, tweaked
 everything per the manual.  The following power reading
 are with everything adjusted for maximum output.

 3.6 MHz    75 W
 7.1 MHz    70 W
 14.2 MHz  60 W
 21.2 MHz    25 W
 28 MHz     23 W

 Does this seem reasonable?  A
 little surprised at the dramatic drop off at 21MHz and
 above.  Has anyone else taken these measurements on a
 working 32S-3?
 I tested all tubes including the
 6146’s.  They at least work, but I know that
 doesn’t tell me how well they work in the circuits in the
 32S or at high frequencies.  I have not replaced
 any.