{Collins} FS 30L-1 RE

 Time to lighten up a little bit. I am the second owner of this excellent
amplifier - have owned it for over 30 years.  It is a ROUND EMBLEM, s/n
41217.  I am conservatively rating it only as VERY GOOD because of a scrape
on the trim ring.  The scrape was painted with matching paint, but can be
seen.
I am not aware of any mods to the amp, except for a change-over to 240v.
This amp has never been run hard and has "low miles" on it.

Within the past week I have run it into a 50 ohm dummy.  With 70 watts in,
my Collins watt meter showed 700 watts out.  Photos available.

MANUAL - the original manual in excellent condition is INCLUDED.   The
manual states the amplifier can operate from 230v +/- 10%.

PHOTOS: Several photos of the amp and of the power meter are available.
Send an e-mail address.

SOFT-START - I built a soft-start box for use in the 240v line immediately
after purchasing the amp.  It also has a relay in it, run from 12v DC.
This allows a lower surge for the caps and allows the 30l-1 power switch to
be left on.  Better for the components.  Soft-start box is included.

PRICE: $750 seems very reasonable to me.

SHIPPING: I don't feel this amp can be safely shipped.  To ship, the tubes
should be removed, and, actually, perhaps the power transformer.  This amp
is too nice to arrive with broken tubes and a warped chassis.  I'll gladly
work out a drive to some reasonable distance from Minneapolis.

Bill, K0GVX