Re: {Collins} 75A-4 touch up paint.

The wrinkle finish is a tough one.

If you are just touching up small chips here/there, I just apply the paint.  Generally if it's a small area, it is not too noticable -- wrinkle finish missing or not.

If you are repainting a significant area and the original wrinkle finish is gone, that's a problem -- a real problem.

About the best "match" I have found is to get a wrinkle finish from Auto Zone (I'd need to check the specific number) and spray the area to be redone.  The actual color doesn't matter because you'll later give it an overspray of St. James.  I believe Auto Zone or some other outlets have a relatively "fine" wrinkle -- it's a bit of trial and error.

That said, achieving a nice uniform wrinkle finish is almost impossible. The temperature, humidity, surface preparation,  etc. all significantly impact results.   I've screwed up some "easy repairs" more than once.

I think a lot of practice on samples to determine the outcome will help, but again achieving a uniform original wrinkle is difficult at best.

Buck
W0LC