Re: {Collins} KWS-1 Output Problem

Hi Bill, thanks for the response. I do have it mostly working. I followed the Care and Feeding for parts of the alignment, a newer version of the KWS-1 manual for most of the rest, then I neutralized it with W8MAQ's method. I did have to modify the the slider.

The only issues remaining are 1) there's a problem around the 1st IF amp where the drive to the PA will be real low. Any probe (scope, DVM, ...) touching the plate of V202 brings it back to life until it's turned off and cooled down again; and 2) the fan bearings. Not sure which ones to order, the part number in the Care and Feeding is not found.

Thanks!
Vince.