Re: {Collins} Mechanical Questions And Items For Sale

Prices for each item?

Tks.

Buck
W0LC
On Monday, May 27, 2019 JOHN HECHT via Collins <k6koi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My friend K2RP and I just obtained a fair amount of Collins gear, most of which works fine.  However, two pieces have mechanical issues where I would appreciate some help:

1.  A KWM-2A has a small amount of slippage in the exciter control; that is, when you adjust via the knob/shaft, it will slip in moving the coils.  There is  no slippage if a small amount of pressure is put sideways on the knob.  I’ve found the screws to be tight.  Any ideas?

2.  A 51S-1, which I just started looking at 5 minutes ago, has a more serious mechanical issue; turning the PTO knob does not turn the PTO or the mechanical counter.  I have not yet tried to tighten anything and I really have not yet tried to determine the mechanics involved.

Items For Sale: